Sunday, May 28, 2017

Aftershokz Minis: Small package, big sound

Disclaimer: I received Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Headphones as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

If you follow my blog or IG, you know I LOVE my Aftershokz Trekz Titanium headphones.  They have seriously changed my running for the better.  I use them all the time for music, podcasts, now audio books and to chat on the phone while on the go.  I used to think that I wasn't enjoying my surroundings if I used headphones while running plus I hated dealing with the wires, etc.  But Aftershokz are wireless and they are bone conducting headphones so I can still hear all the nature sounds, people and cars which is why I love them.  I can hear music plus everything else and truly enjoy my runs.

Why did I want to try the minis if I love my current Aftershokz so much?  Well mostly curiosity because while the regular ones fit pretty fine and don't move around at all, sometimes I do bump the band when I'm climbing hills and things when I tilt my head back.  Not a huge deal, but I wanted to see if smaller ones might be better for my smaller head.  Plus if I'm being really honest, Niko fell in love with mine while training for the Hot Chocolate 5K so I wanted to have another pair to share with him ;-)  I love the Aftershokz for the kids because they don't go in the ears and they aren't huge clunky things either.  They take up almost no space at all, no wires to get tangled and they can still hear me when they have them on. 

So how do the minis compare?  They look exactly the same as the regular, just smaller.  It was actually difficult to tell that they were indeed smaller until I held them up against each other.  They feel just as comfortable and stay in place when I'm running.  They are smaller but they still fit me perfectly and still slightly big on Niko but they are not kid's headphones, haha.   I found the sound to be exactly the same, nice, crisp and clear.  I had no problems taking phone calls or switching songs with the controls. 
Minis fit me too!

used the Trekz to communicate with my crew during Boulder Field 100K
I'm really not sure how long the battery life is supposed to last however I've only had excellent experience with this.  My regular trekz have lasted as long as 11+ hours at my 24 hour races (fully charged of course).  My latest track ultra I took both pairs, hoping that I wouldn't have to ask Emir to charge any headphones for me during the race.  I wore the regular first and I believe it was close to 11.5 hours when they finally died and I switched to the minis.  I ended up stopping at about 21.5 hours after crushing my 100 mile PR time and the minis were still going and had yet to say low battery so it was a solid 10 hours for those as well.

trekz titanium in the rain
 
I can't say enough good things about these headphones.  I mean obviously they have a special place in my heart as they have helped me do really well at some big races in the past year but still they are an awesome product.  I even use them regularly while cooking and cleaning.  They are just so comfortable and the wireless is HUGE for me.  So if you are in the market for new headphones, I HIGHLY recommend them!


No comments:

Post a Comment