Friday, April 15, 2016

Aftershokz -- Trekz Titanium

Disclaimer: I received Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Headphones as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I will try really hard not to run these over :-o
Back in October I wrote about testing a pair of wireless headphones and how they helped bring music back into my running life.  Unfortunately, about a month later, I ran over them with my car after a run at the trail.  And no they did not still work after that! 

Ever since, I'd gone back to either playing music out loud on my phone or quiet runs.  I thought I didn't care about having music when I run but I was realizing that there are a lot of times I would really like to have it or that it even helps me get through a super tough run. So when the opportunity to test the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium came up, I gladly accepted.

fit well with all my sunglasses
As per normal for me, I didn't know much about the Trekz titanium other than they were wireless. I've come to realize that non-wireless headphones and all the hassle that goes along with them, was a big part of me not liking music on my runs.  I have enough crap to deal with on my long runs gear wise that I just don't need to be concerned with one more complication.  On my shorter weekday runs, I like the freedom of having nothing with me so wireless is key.  
comfortable under the buff and I could hear Niko perfectly
Once I found out I would be testing the Aftershokz, I decided to research them a bit.  What I found out is that they are actually different than any other headphones including other wireless headphones. They have a bone conduction technology so there's actually no part that goes in or over your ear.  The headphones actually sit a bit in front of your ear.  As much as this sounded VERY appealing to me since I find my ears start to hurt when I have headphones in them for a while, I was wondering how this would be a far as being able to hear my music or whatever I was listening to.  
My marathon on the mill ;-)
The headphones felt very comfortable from the first minute I put them on.  They sit naturally right in front of the ears and that part that sits over the ears feels nice as well.  The part that connects the two sides sticks out a bit however they do give you two rubber pieces to help adjust the size which I did utilize.  I've worn the headphones on countless runs at this point from 5 miles to a full marathon on the TM ( yes I'm weird) and they are comfortable and stay in place. 
great for runs at home when I need to hear what the kids are doing
The headphones are easy to operate.  They connect via Bluetooth very quickly.  I thought the sound quality was good, I had no issues with connection or sound. It was easy to adjust volume and switch songs. I even took several phone calls on the headphones which at first I was worried "how will they hear me??"   But it turns out there is microphones built into the headphones and I talked easily without having to yell for people to hear me.  Once the call ended they switch right back to music.  I enjoyed using them so much that I actually used them around the house while cooking dinner and to make some phone calls so I could have my hands free.  
hiding under the hoodie
The last very important point about the Trekz titanium relates to the bone conduction.  As I said nothing goes in your ear.  This not only makes for a more comfortable experience but also safer.  It's safer in that it protects your ear from damage but also it makes it easier to hear what's going on around you.  This is especially important when out running.  I could hear my music well but I could still hear everything going on around me such as traffic, animals in the trees and other people on the trail.  I also enjoyed the benefits of this feature during a couple recent races where I ran with my sister.  I wanted to have my music but we like to chat on and off as well.  I was easily able to hear everything she said even with my music on, it was great!  And I'm not sure if it was a good thing or not but when running in the TM, I can still hear my kids and husband perfectly as well ;-)
Aftershockz were great in the rain!

can't see them but they are there!
Needless to say, I'm a big fan of the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium.  I definitely feel that they are worth the price not just for the wireless feature but also for the unique bone conduction.  AND of course you can save 20% with code: BIBRAVE20

The headphones fit and are comfortable with any head gear
 

5 comments:

  1. The way you are working hard for that race should be appreciated.
    meet and greet luton

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marathon mom is doing real hard work, best of luck from my side.
    compare airport parking deals Heathrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprize. Aftershockz Bone Conduction headphones.
    I would recommend more detailed information from link. Dont belive me try it https://www.boneconductionheadphone.blogspot.com.
    Thursday, Updated 2019

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you work in a construction area, then you should wear hand gloves. It will protect your hand from unwanted injuries. There are so many types of work gloves. If you want to buy work gloves for yourself, then I'll recommend you to buy leather work gloves. To buy leather working gloves online you can visit the Work Gearz website. Best leather work gloves

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're jetting off from the UK to another country, Ezybook's Short Stay Parking Gatwick is your hassle-free solution for leaving your car behind. Enjoy peace of mind knowing your vehicle is safe and secure while you embark on your travels.

    ReplyDelete