As much as I love traveling to new places especially ones with beautiful beaches for races, I had to turn down the opportunity to run the Ocean State Rhode Race in Narragansett, Rhode Island. The race is scheduled for Sunday October 30th. October is a super busy month for us with races and kids' sports and it would be way too much to fit another race in, let alone one I have to travel to. That said, it looks like an awesome event with a gorgeous course. Being that 2015 was the first year, there are only a few reviews out there but all were positive. Here are five reasons why I think you should consider running the Ocean State Rhode Race.
1) 3 race distances, 1 event : You may not be ready to go the full distance of 26.2 miles but still want to enjoy some beautiful, scenic Rhode Island miles. No worries, there's a half marathon and 5K too. All 3 races take place on the same day, staggered by a half hour. Makes logistics for all groups easy even if you are running different distances.
2) USATF certified and Boston Qualifier: come on, I know this is super important to some of you!
3) Free Race Photos: who doesn't love free race photos?! A huge plus in my book!
4) Gorgeous scenery & beach post race party: course goes along the waterfront and through iconic Rhode Island neighborhoods, giving runners a true feeling of what Rhode Island has to offer. Enjoy finishing at the beach and a post race beach festival Rhode Island style.
5) Inexpensive: Even though the staggered pricing has ended, the marathon is only $100, half $75 and 5K $35. Plus use the Bibrave code BIBRAVE to save an addtional $10. Finally races that won't break the bank!
What are you waiting for?! Check out all the race info on the website http://runri.us/narragansett-race-info/ and enjoy all Rhode Island has to offer!