Monday, December 16, 2013

It's my Blogaversary, I can blog if I want to

snow running
Rocky Running
Mountain Running
It's been a whole year since I started my blog.  It's definitely been a much different experience than I anticipated.  When Emir convinced me to start a blog, I really thought it would be me writing entries that no one would read.  That it would be more of just my record/memories of things I did, the kids did or we did as a family so I could go back and read it whenever I want.  I love writing so I was totally fine with that.  And in the beginning that's pretty much what it was.  I'm not sure when exactly that changed or what exactly happened.  I do know that Emir (of course) got me into using twitter as a way to connect with other runners, specifically ultra runners which is probably a big part of it.  We chat weekly with our #ultrachat buddies, tweet our running friends questions or jabs and all read each others blogs.  As someone who was not a Tweep and didn't really see the point in it, now I'm total Twerp.  I mostly have to do alot of my running alone so to have all these "running buddies" is great.  I feel like I'm on a team, part of a group.  We all keep each other motivated and "run together."

Philly & NYCM
This first year of blogging went from random running/life entries that probably only Emir read to actual race reports that lead to being asked to be an official Blue Ridge Marathon Blogger, to a few offers to test gear and write about it and now coming soon I will get to host a couple giveaways.  
Bear MTN
Blues Cruise
 Now I feel like my blog isn't just for me and turns out it is mostly about running ;-)  In the beginning it was going to be about life with a little running.  But as my life has turned into a lot of running, so has my blog.  I actually have a number of people that read it :-0  And people actually write responses, give me feedback and like to read what I thought about a race or a piece of running gear, weird right?! I'm completely blown away how interactive all of this has become but I'm loving every minute of it.  Just as never in a million years did I envision becoming an ultra runner, I also never envisioned people wanting to read what I write about running.  I'm looking forward to heading into my 2nd year of blogging.  I can't wait to see what's in store for this year!!
International Running

Ps I will be giving away a free entry to the Blue Ridge Marathon the week of Dec 30th!!!!!!!  Blue Ridge is "America's Toughest Road Marathon" (7430 feet of elevation change) but it's also the best!!!  Check out my race report. 


Pss As soon as I get my butt in gear and finish writing my review on Energy Bits, I will be hosting an Energy Bits giveaway!! 
Most Importantly, MY LOVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment