Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Looking Buff!

Disclaimer: I received BuffUSA gear as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!


My half buff waited for me forever!
Finally being back home means that I can finally get back to testing more products for Bibrave, one of my favorite past times.  While I was away, a half buff arrived for me to test.  Since I was away so long, I've only had a handful of chances to test it out but so far I'm really liking it.  In the past, I didn't really see the need for a buff especially in the summer.  I sometimes would use one in the winter to cover my face.  However, lately I've been finding them pretty helpful during these hot, humid runs of summer.
first run in the buff
I like the half buff because it is what it sounds like, half of a full buff.  In this sweltering heat, I really don't feel a need for extra material.  The half buff is the perfect amount.  It can be worn on your head like a regular buff, folded into a headband or used as a sweat wiper on the wrist.  It's plenty of material to hold your sweat or cold water for cooling off yet not too much to be annoying.  I've never been one of those runners you see with the buff on the wrist because I just felt it was too much, but the half buff I didn't mind at all.  I tried out this strategy at my 6 hour this past weekend.  I didn't even notice it was there until I needed to wipe sweat off and then later I soaked it in cold water so that I could cool myself off.

sweaty run but not in my eyes
The other nice feature of the half buff is that it's UV protected, it blocks about 95% of the UV rays.  It also has 4 channel fibers that enable it to dry quickly and wick the moisture away.  I thought for sure I wouldn't like wearing it on my head as much as some of my running hats because I figured sweat would be dripping down in my eyes within 2 seconds.  I was pleasantly surprised that actually it did a great job at keeping the sweat out of my eyes. 
utilizing it as a sweat wiper and also soaked in cold water at an ultra

If you want to give one a try for yourself use code BIBRAVE10 for 10% off at BuffUSA

No comments:

Post a Comment